Friday, January 30, 2009

ITALIA in English

So...I'm going to Italy this summer for the whole month of July. My grandma (on my father's side) is paying for the trip--for the flight, the little optional trips around Italy, for my food, for spending money...everything. I'm speechless...I didn't think it was possible to go to Italy this soon...

I will live in Florence...and I will walk to the Duomo every day. I will go to Rome and Venice...

Unbelievable.

(This is where I appologized for the language of the post...but said it is appropriate to write in the language I will speak in Italy. And I told you all to learn Italian.)


:D


Then here's a piccolo poem I wrote in Italian...



O la gloria che il Signore ha fatto
E tutto e' vinto per la Sua grazia
O questa grazia che spero che l'avro' imparato
Quando io vedro' la Sua faccia

(O the glory that the Lord has made (or accomplished)
And all is won through His grace
O this grace that I hope to have learned
When I see His face)


Perche' nel Suo cospetto
C'e' la verita'
Che da Lui sono accetta
Quest'e' la verita'

(For in His presence
There is truth
That in Him I'm accepted
This is the truth)

O la salvazione che il Signore ha fatto
Quando usci' dal cielo
Dal trono che ha lasciato
A portare un regalo cosi' bello bello

(O the salvation that the Lord has made (or accomplished)
When He came down from heaven
From His throne that He left
To bring us such a beautiful gift)

Perche' nel Suo cospetto
C'e' la verita'
Che da Lui sono accetta
Quest'e' la verita'

Con la Tua mano
Che mostra i segni d'amore
E' cosi vicino
E da un sigillo sul mio cuore


(With Your hand
That shows the signs of love
Is so near
And sets a seal on my heart)


"Sono stato crucifisso con Cristo. Non sono piu' io che vivo, ma Cristo vive in me; e la vita che vivo ora nella carne, la vivo nella fede nel Figlio di Dio, il quale che mi ha amato e ha dato se' stesso per me."
-Galati 2:20

(I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
--Galatians 2:20)

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's awesome, Ashley!!!! Congratulations!!! :)

Oh, and thank you for posting this in English... ;)

Christy said...

woohoo! wonderful!! congrats!!

Hey...I haven't seen you in a while...perhaps I'll call you soon! :)